Subject specialists are currently familiarising themselves with the experiences and outcomes for their discipline. In addition they are required to consider their contribution to the overarching themes of literacy, numeracy and health and wellbeing. However teachers and managers remain concerned about issues of breadth, balance and progression within the experiences and outcomes.
These materials suggest a process and illustrate a format which:
- uses record keeping to become familiar with subject specific experiences and outcomes (backward mapping)
- audits the overarching experiences and outcomes, and
- shows the contribution already being made to these areas shows how the record can become the plan (forward mapping)
- exemplifies the variety of options to deliver the experiences and outcomes (topic, mini topic, discrete strand) introduces the format of a ‘Year Plan’ which can facilitate interdisciplinary working is user friendly and meaningful!
The materials consist of one booklet for each of the eight subject areas – Expressive Arts, Health & Wellbeing, Languages, Mathematics. Religious and Moral Education, Sciences, Social Studies and Technologies.
Each booklet contains:
- the rationale of the record keeping planning format
- the third and fourth level subject specific experiences and outcomes
- the third and fourth level literacy, numeracy and health and wellbeing experiences and outcomes which are the responsibility of all practitioners.
To find out more
For more information please call us on 01223 463757 or email us at email@example.com